Friday, January 3, 2014

Frau Troffea (Inspired by the Dancing Plague of 1518)

Buzzing through my ear,
can you hear it too?
those sounds; dispatches
riding falling blue.
Touching our hearts,
the virus bug
triggers our minds,
captures our souls in
charming lyrical binds.
Let me live this fantasy
out into the infinity,
forget about our sanity,
nothing is inanity.
I’m compelled to stop,
but the beat goes on!
I want this moment to last
forever, you and I
under the breaking sky.
My reality will crumble
but I’ll dance the parts
piece by piece until I die: 
turn into rubble.

(Notes)
I found this plague to be a rather interesting event. It began in July of 1518 when its fist victim, Frau Troffea, began to dance in a street in Strasbourg, Alsace. Apparently within a few days, there were these large gatherings of people who danced for hours to days straight, not even taking a break for anything other than just- dancing! As a result, many of these people died from conditions such as heart disease or from exhaustion.

More information here: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Plague_of_1518]

No comments:

Post a Comment